Joyce Gad– Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL)- LRHS science teacher and Junior Advisory Board (JAB) adviser Tana Phelps wishes everyone a fun and safe prom, and said the best way to ensure that is to adhere to a few reminders.
The LRHS prom is scheduled for tomorrow at Sarasota’s Hyatt.
All students attending must abide to the prom agreement signed prior to buying a ticket.
Stay updated on important LRHS news and share what you like by following our Twitter @MustangsAhead, Instagram @mustangs_ahead, and follow the Mustangs Ahead Podcast
Phelps said Mustangs must adhere to the elements of the school’s Prom Agreement –
1. I understand that my tickets(s) are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
2. I understand EVERYONE, whether guest or ticket purchaser, MUST have their LRHS ID to enter prom OR a guest form approved through the Schoology course with the code: SHND-TDC6-G3N78 and a matching ID to what was submitted on that form.
3. I understand that if I am bringing a non LRHS student I must have an approved guest form through the Schoology course with the code: SHND-TDC6-G3N78BEFORE purchasing their ticket.
4. I understand I must have ZERO student debt to be able to purchase a Prom ticket.
5. I understand the LRHS Prom dress code and agree to adhere to it. The Prom dress code is different from the school dress code. Attire is FORMAL (guys must wear a suit jacket and tie.) NO denim. Ladies: if you are unsure about your dress, please show a dean or Assistant Principal a picture of your dress BEFORE Prom to ensure it meets dress code. I also understand if I choose to break the dress code, I will not be admitted and my money will NOT be refunded.
6. I understand I must attend school Friday April 21 for at least half the day (until 11:00 AM) to be admitted to Prom.
7. I understand Prom is a school sponsored event and should be treated as such. All school rules and consequences apply.
8. I understand when taking pictures in the photo booth to remember that this is a school event. You may be silly but you must stay school appropriate.
9. I understand only small handbags are allowed and they will be searched prior to admittance into Prom. Pockets will be searched as well.
10. I understand the only allowable hats are top hats and fedoras.
11. I understand all vehicles including “party buses” and limos are subject to searches upon arrival.
12. I understand breathalyzer tests will be administered at the discretion of the staff.