Alivia Insixiengmay – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – Mustangs can attend a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) workshop event from 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday in the Braden River High School media center.
This workshop will be the final one of the year.
LRHS College and Careers counselor Dr. Carmen Purpus said, “Seniors need to complete the FAFSA because that is the number one thing that will help them fund college.”
Some scholarships or work studies require the FAFSA.
To apply, Mustangs must have:
- FSA ID for you and your parent/guardian
- Social security numbers
- Driver license number
- 2021 W-2 forms and other records of money earned during that year
- 2021 Federal Income Tax Return
- Current business and investment mortgage information
- Business and farm records
- Stock, bonds, and other investment records
- Alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
Stay updated on important LRHS news and share what you like by following our Twitter @MustangsAhead, Instagram @mustangs_ahead, TikTok @mustangsahead and follow the Mustangs Ahead Podcast
“Many seniors believe that they do not need to complete the FAFSA because their parents are going to pay for it, but what happens is that their intended college will require FAFSA. Most seniors end up taking it once they get to college,” Purpus continued.
Mustangs who attend the workshop will receive a $20 Publix gift card.