Gianna Heinemann– Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – LRHS hosted a college signing celebration during today in the gym.
The college signing consisted of seven athletes who explained their sports career, what helped them get to that point in their life, and what they are excited about during college. All signed National Letters of Intent (NLI) to play at their chosen colleges.
These students signed NLIs –
- Andrea Dietz, Beach Volleyball, University of North Florida
- Amanda Lee, Softball, Radford University
- Cassidy McLellan, Softball, University of Florida
- Addyson Brunemen, Softball, University of North Florida
- Olivia Ryan, Softball, University of West Florida
- Peyton Knight, Softball, Florida National University
- Lauren Hosier, Golf, Southwestern University
- Regan Kelly, Soccer, University of South Florida
Knight explained why she chose to sign for Florida National University (FNU).
Knight said, “I loved the atmosphere, the people there, the coaches, and the special features about FNU.”
Knight will focus on softball during college and is interested in going to school for physical therapy.
Diaz signed off for University of North Florida (UNF) because she liked the coaches and campus, and because she wanted to stay in state.
“There is not anything I am going to school for but beach volleyball, I hope to play volleyball past college,” said Diaz.
Both seniors said that as excited as they are to go to college, they are so sad to be leaving high school sports behind. They agreed they made the best memories and built amazing friendships that they will never forget.