Emma Bourdeau – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – LRHS Assistant Principal Thomas Bellantonio has been recognized as a Champion of Prevention for 2022 for the sector of Education by Drug Free Manatee.
Bellantonio will be honored at the annual Red Ribbon Breakfast on Thursday at Bradenton’s IMG Academy Golf Club.
Bellantonio said, “I have always had a passion for supporting a drug-free mission. It is my goal to reduce the impact of drug abuse and addiction in our community. To do this, I participate in volunteer in prevention activities.
“I’m a firm believer in education strictly being an opportunity to excel and that anything that would prohibit them from succeeding these goals should be eliminated or at the very least mitigated.”
Bellantonio’s achievement marks part of Red Ribbon Week, a week used to encourage students to live drug free.
From Oct. 24-28, an event will be held every day at LRHS to promote this message.
The events include –
- Monday, Oct. 24 – Afterschool chalk drawing on the sidewalk
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 – Kahoot in the cafeteria
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 – Wear red day
- Thursday, Oct. 27 – Pledge poster at lunch
- Friday, Oct. 28 – Cups in fence (writing positive messages on cups to hang on the fence by the car rider line)
Bellantonio continued, “That’s what we try to do here at the LRHS…being drug free is a natural thing that does exist and that students should feel safe here.”