Jennifer Shank– Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL)- The LRHS Students Working Against Tobacco (SWAT) and Youth in Action (YIA) clubs are hosting Red Ribbon Week October 24-28.
The events include –
- Monday 10/24: Afterschool chalk drawing on the sidewalk
- Tuesday 10/25: Kahoot in the cafeteria
- Wednesday 10/26: Wear red day
- Thursday 10/27: Pledge poster at lunch
- Friday 10/28: Cups in fence (Swat and YA will create a positive message using solo-type cups in the fence by the car rider line)
SWAT and YIA adviser and LRHS English teacher Debra McCarthy said, “The goal of Red Ribbon Week is to inspire students to want to live and actually live drug-free.”
Wednesday at lunch, the president and vice president of SWAT were in the LRHS cafeteria spreading awareness of the harms of tobacco and other drugs.
President Kate Tuchman said, “Our event today at lunch meant to spread awareness to other students about the harm of drugs and to influence everyone to live a healthy and drug-free life.”