Cameron Madison – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – With the school year coming to an end, Mustangs are discussing what classes to take. One option is dual enrolled courses.
Many Mustangs are looking to take dual enrolled classes with the University of South Florida (USF) or State College of Florida (SCF). It is important to be sure to understand and complete all the requirements for each of these programs.
These requirements include –
- meeting Grade-Point-Average (GPA) requirements
- receiving a passing score on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), American College Testing (ACT) exam, or Post-secondary Educational Readiness Test (PERT)
- completing the application, submitting residency information
- printing the USF application confirmation email
- completing the dual enrollment agreement
- requesting high school transcripts
- completing the high school dual enrollment approval form
- joining the schoology group
- getting instructional materials for courses.
LRHS school counselor Tracy Jordan said the process is not complicated.
“If students take their time and follow the dual enrolled checklist (found on the school website) it’s actually fairly straight-forward.”
Counselors will not be sign off on the classes until all the requirements are completed.
Mustangs who have any questions about the process or need assistance are encouraged to contact their counselor.