Cassidy McLellan- Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL)- Mustangs interested in being a 2021-2022 student athletic trainer can now complete an application.
Applications can be found on the bulletin board right next to the gymnastics and dance room 731.
They are due Thursday, April 1 and should be turned into athletic training room 748.
Athletic Trainer Sydney Suppa said, “The student athletic training program is for Mustangs who potentially want to enter the medical field as a profession. Student athletic training is a big-time commitment that should not be taken lightly.”
The requirements to be a student athletic trainer include being first aid/CPR certified and a minimum GPA of 2.0.
Student athletic trainer responsibilities and duties include:
- Hydration management
- Observing injury and illness evaluations, treatments, and rehabilitations under supervisions of a certified athletic trainer
- Second pair of eyes and ears for the certified athletic trainer
- First aid procedures that fall under certification
- Organizations of the athletic training room
- Assist with baseline concussion testing
- Assist and learn taping procedures