Cassidy McLellan- Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL)- All Mustangs interested in taking dual enrollment classes next year and have not received the necessary Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American Collegiate Testing (ACT) score may take the Post-Secondary Readiness Test (PERT) to be considered eligible.
According to the University of South Florida dual enrollment page, all Mustangs who wish to take part in dual enrollment classes next year must meet the following requirements –
- Minimum 3.5 weighted high school GPA
- Minimum scores on one of the following tests:
- SAT: 560 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and 530 Math
- ACT: 21 Reading, 21 English and 21 Math
- PERT: 123 Math, 106 Reading and 103 Writing
- PSAT: 1150 composite score (may be accepted in extenuating circumstances)
- Approval by a school counselor/administrator as ready for success at the college level of instruction.
To sign up for the PERT, Mustangs should go to the LRHS website, click “Academics” at the top of the page, look to the left on the screen and find Dual Enrollment. Once Dual Enrollment has been selected, click the PERT Registration form.
All forms must be filled out no later than 3 p.m. on Tuesday, March 2.
Mustangs will have the option to take the PERT on either Wednesday, March 10 or Thursday, March 11. Testing will begin at 7:45 a.m. in the Media Center.