Maya Rengifo – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – LRHS’s HOSA (Future Health Professionals) club won numerous awards at their regional competition ceremony on Thursday, Jan. 21 over Zoom.
The 20-21 HOSA FHP members won nine first place medals, two second place, six third place, one fourth place, and one fifth place medal at the event.
The top three places in their respective events will qualify for the virtual HOSA State competition in March.
The following Mustangs won awards –
- Behavioral Health -Alayna Tabor, 5th place
- Cultural Diversities and Disparities in Healthcare-Julia Felice, 1st place
- Dental Terminology-Nicole Chen, 2nd place; Aneesa Shariff 1st place
- Human Growth and Development-Sara Glusak 3rd place
- Medical Law and Ethics- Adrienne Brady 4th place
- Medical Math-Sara Huszar 3rd place
- Pathophysiology- Ramzia Sorathia 2nd place
- Biomedical Laboratory Science- Sydney Granack 3rd place
- Dental Science-Anna Huszar 1st place
- Sports Medicine- Olivia Heim 3rd place
- CPR and First Aid- Anastasia Jenkins and Sophia Felice 1st place
- Public Health- Maya Rengifo and Surain Ranajee 1st place
- Extemporaneous Writing- Selina Walker 1st place
- Forensic Science-Madison Jansen and Liz Santana 3rd place
- Health Career Display- Ariana Majano 1st place
LRHS HOSA hopes to continue success at their next state competition.