Ally Ellis – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – LRHS’s Student Government Association (SGA) is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. SGA is a student-run class that promotes school activities and represents the student body to faculty.
Requirements for the new class members include:
- Must be an incoming Junior or Senior
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be in “good standings” with discipline
- Must complete and turn in an application
- Must go through interview process
- Must be scored and selected by the SGA officers and SGA advisor
In order to apply, students can get more information and the application form here. Students must include a headshot photograph of them at the bottom of the application.
Once the application is filled out to the best of their ability, they must save the file as: “SGA Application (First name, Last name)” and email it to SGA advisor Delany Riggins.
Current SGA members will reach out to applicants regarding a date and time for a virtual interview.
All applications are due by May 15.
Riggins said, “Due to our current state the SGA application and interview process is going to look a little different this year. I am hoping this new system will run smoothly and I am so excited to start hearing from new potential members!”