Phoebe Duval– Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – With flu season upon us, it’s important to stay healthy. The US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that as many as 56,000 people die from the flu or flu-like illness each year.
To prevent catching a virus:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid contact with others when sick.
- Stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone if you have flu-like symptoms.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Get vaccinated.
“The number one tip is to not touch your face. Keep your hands away from your eyes, mouth, and nose,” said LRHS registered nurse Laura Anderson. “Also, if you are sick, be sure to stay home.”
These simple steps can protect Mustangs, their friends and families.