Bella Sellmer – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL)- While the LRHS prom is a little over two months away, girls around the Ranch have started to search for the perfect dress.
The dance is scheduled for 7-11 p.m. Friday, April 5.
As girls begin to look for their dresses, they need to be aware of the dress code that will be put in place on the day of prom. When arriving to the dance, girls need to make sure they are in dress code or else they will be turned away at the door.
The dress code restrictions include:
- Short dresses must be at least to your mid-thigh
- No cut-outs including but not limited to keyhole cut outs and peek-a-boo openings
- Slits must not be higher than mid-thigh
- Backless dresses must not be lower than your natural waistline
- Dresses may not be see-through
Senior Sienna Rodriguez said, “I enjoyed the dance last year and I’m excited to go again this year. I can’t wait to see everyone’s dresses and enjoy the night with my friends.”
Girls aren’t the only Mustangs that need to worry about prom dress code, guys do as well.
There dress code restrictions are as follows:
- No jeans
- No blue suede shoes
- You must wear a tuxedo
- If you are not wearing a tuxedo, you must have on a coat, tie, dress slacks, and dress shoes
- Shirts must be kept on
Senior Justin Ramon said, “I think the guys dress code is reasonable because prom is a formal event. I am excited to go this year as it is my first time going. I look forward to seeing the theme and all that goes along with prom.”