Olivia Loop – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL)- Midterm exams are right around the corner and Mustangs often discuss what their hardest and easiest exams are. Mustangs Ahead conducted a non-scientific poll on Instagram asking which midterms were the most challenging.
AP Spanish, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, and AP Physics were rated among the hardest exams.
AP Spanish and AP Calculus-
- 18 people voted for AP Spanish and 63 people voted for AP Calculus
AP Chemistry and AP Physics-
- 39 people voted for AP Chemistry and 33 voted for AP Physics.
The easiest exams were determined to be Dual Enrollment US History and AP Human Geography
- 41 people voted for Dual Enrollment US History and 42 people voted for AP Human Geography.
AP Language arts and AP Psych-
- 42 people voted for AP Language arts and 38 people voted for AP Psych.
AP Chemistry and AP Calculus-
- 40 people voted for AP Chemistry and 26 voted for AP Calculus.
AP Language arts and AP Human Geography-
- 33 people voted for AP Language arts and 31 people voted for AP Human Geography.
Based on the data from these polls, most Mustangs consider AP Chemistry is the hardest midterm exam and AP Language Arts is the easiest.
AP Calculus teacher Meghan Sugalski said about her exam, “I would not say it is difficult, but is challenging. I took the multiple-choice section of a previously used AP Calc exam and the students are answering the questions that match the material we covered’’.
AP Chemistry teacher Alicia Moody agreed her exam is comprehensive.
Moody said, ‘’AP Chemistry students are preparing for the AP Chemistry First Semester Exam by reviewing unit tests during office hours. They will have both multiple choice and free response questions on this test. The test will cover 3 units (7 chapters) of material. We are completing a Unit 4 test prior to exam week, but the semester exam will only cover the first three units’’.