Emily Brandt – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – This past weekend, seven Mustang swimmers traveled to Stuart, FL for the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) Class 4A Swimming State Championships. This meet consisted of preliminaries in the morning and finals at night.
Two Mustang boys finished in the state’s top five.
- Senior Sebastian Aguirre – 2nd place 100yd butterfly, 8th place 100yd backstroke
- Freshman Dimiter Zafirov – 4th place 500yd freestyle
- Girls 200yd Medley Relay – 15th place, swimmers: Junior Emily Massengale, senior Emily Loefgren, sophomore Suzanne Aguirre, and freshman Phoebe Duval.
- Girls 400yd Freestyle Relay – 14th place, swimmers: Senior Keely Radloff, sophomore Suzanne Aquirre, junior Emily Massengale, and senior Emily Loefgren.
- Senior Keely Radloff – 11th place 200yd freestyle, 21st place 100yd butterfly
- Junior Emily Massengale – 16th place 100yd backstroke
- Senior Emily Loefgren – 17th place 200yd Individual Medley
“There was some really fast swimming at 4A FHSAA State Swim Champs! We had two swimmers come back for A finals and two swimmers come back for B finals. Also, both the girls 200-yard medley relay and the girls 400-yard freestyle relay made it to finals. Great Job to everyone involved and a great season to all the Mustang swimmers,” exclaimed head coach Julie Santiago.
“State Championships has always been my favorite meet of the season. We all worked so hard these past couple months and it’s nice to see it all pay off my qualifying for states. Although this wasn’t our teams best meet, it was fun and I’m very sad this is my last meet as a Mustang,” said senior Emily Loefgren.