Olivia Loop and Gabbi Tomaselli – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – At LRHS, student safety is a priority. That means Mustangs need to be extra careful to avoid accidents in the parking lots
Driving and parking on campus is a privilege. There is a list of rules and regulations that Mustangs are required to follow:
- Obey all traffic rules and regulations on campus and Lakewood Ranch Boulevard. Follow the directions of parking assistants. Reckless driving is unacceptable.
- Once parked, Mustangs must enter the school building. The school parking lot is not a “hang out.”
- At the end of the day Mustangs are to leave campus immediately. Again, the school parking lot is not a “hang out.”
- Any problems in the students parking lot should be reported to the discipline office.
- Students are not allowed to cross traffic anywhere on Mustang Alley.
“Students need to be careful when driving in the parking lots,” said assistant principal Michael Staker. “There are a lot of other vehicles and students walking, so caution needs to be the primary focus. Most accidents occur because students are either in a hurry, not paying attention, or on their phones.”
Staker said the best way to avoid a problem when driving is to follow the rules and use caution. Be aware of the students walking in the parking lot and drive slowly.
Junior Rachel Monroe agreed with the safety precautions.
“I think it is very important that students drive slow and don’t drive recklessly,” she said. “The parking lot should always be a safe place to park your car in.”