Julianna Catena – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – Mustangs for Kids, a new club at LRHS, is hosting a Dance Marathon from 5-10 p.m., Jan. 27 in the cafeteria.
According to the University of South Florida (USF), a dance marathon is “a nationwide movement involving college, high school, middle school and elementary school students…all raising money for the local hospital in their community… The year culminates with an eight to 40-hour long event where the students stay on their feet through dancing, games, and entertainment in celebration of the total amount raised that year.”
All proceeds benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children in Tampa.
This dance marathon is partnering up with the USF’s “Bulls for Kids.” The more money that is raised, the more that goes towards LRHS.
Tickets right now cost $15. Anyone who plans to register on the day of the dance marathon will pay $20.
There will also be a game area including video games, ping-pong tables, an escape room, and other fun activities.
Anyone who wants to sit will have to pay to do so. All of this money also goes towards the fundraiser for Shriners.
You can register or donate to the cause here.
How to Sign Up –
- Go to https://donate.lovetotherescue.org/event/mustangs-for-kids-dance-marathon/e136929
- Click “REGISTER.”
- It will then ask you how you’d like to register. Click “As an Individual.”
- If you are in National Honor Society (NHS), click “Join a Team” and then click “LRHS National Honor Society.”
- A screen will appear with the title “Select Registrations.
- Click the plus or minus signs to designate how many tickets you want.
- Once you click how many you want, click the “Reserve” button.
- Fill in specified information and make sure to agree with the waiver agreement by checking the box.
- The next screen to appear will ask you to make a donation, however, you do not need to give a donation and may select the “Skip Donation” button. If you do give a donation, you may put in a specific amount and if you want to donate monthly or just one time. Click checkout.
- Then, the checkout screen will appear. Make sure you put information in for all required fields.
- Print out your receipt! It’s always good to prove your purchase.
- Get your friends to come to the dance with you!
- Bring some comfortable shoes on the day of the dance and have a blast!