Kara Mae Mathis – Mustangs Ahead
(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL)- The LRHS cheer team will hold tryouts for any Mustangs interested in joining the squads. The parent information meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on March 7. The clinic where the material will be taught and practiced is scheduled for 4-6 p.m. March 13-15. The final tryout will be 2:30 p.m. on March 16. All of these events will be held in the Lakewood Ranch cafeteria.
“I am excited and eager to see what new talent we will be able to find,” said LRHS cheer coach Tiffany Sheffield
The LRHS Cheerleading tryouts will consist of the following evaluations:
- Crowd leading cheer
- Two jumps (toe-touch and jump of choice)
- Dance consisting of six 8-counts
- Standing tumbling/ running tumbling
- Stunting sequence
- Band dance for all Sophomore, Junior & Senior cheerleaders wanting to tryout for Varsity
- Physical fitness ( 1 mile & push-ups)
All forms required forms are on the LRHS website.