(LAKEWOOD RANCH, FL) – On Thursday, Feb. 2, 19 LRHS future health professional students participated in the HOSA Regional Competition at Manatee Technical College.
HOSA is an organization for aspiring health professionals.
This competition involved many different written and hands-on tests. These tests covered many different topics like nutrition, medical, veterinary science, etc.
The following students for excelling in their competitive event –
- Derek Breiner – Medical Spelling second Place
- Jason Breiner – Medical Terminology second Place
- Sophia Santoro – Medical Terminology fourth Place
- Anthony Pistella – Medical Math fourth Place
- Carina Ferraris – Medical Assisting first Place
- Cameron Willis and Nicolette Ngov – Public Health (team) second Place
- Ben Reichbach – Extemporaneous Health Poster second Place
- Regan Brahler – Extemporaneous Health Poster first Place
- Allison Fox – Extemporaneous Writing first Place
- Elena Louwe Kooijmans – Prepared Speaking first Place
- Anneliese Pruim – Prepared Speaking fifth Place
- Kelsey Le, Adina Mayo, Morgan DeGlopper – Biomedical Debate (team) second Place.
The 12 students who earned first, second, or third place will advance to the HOSA State Competition in Orlando on April 6-9.
HOSA Advisor and LRHS biology teacher Maria Whalen said, “I am really proud of the Mustangs who came out to compete. They all did a very good job.”